Copyright

You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Basic Vanilla cookies

Hat tip to my friend Sonia Dey. I changed the measurements a bit.

Ingredients:
Unsalted butter (I used Strauss European style organic unsalted butter) 4 oz (113 g) or one cube
Good quality vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Sugar to taste (I used 1/3 cup)

Plain flour or maida 1 and 1/3 cups
Baking powder 1 tsp

Method:
  1. Whisk the butter (at room temperature) with vanilla essence and sugar.
  2. Sift flour and baking powder together. Pour to the butter mix. Mix well. Use a spatula or a dough mixer.
  3. Roll the dough into a log. Refrigerate for 2 hrs.
  4. Cut the dough into pieces. Place on parchment paper on a cookie tray. Bake for 15-20 mins in preheated oven at  350 F or until the edges are brown. Let them cool at room temperature.

    I also tried a second batch with chocolate chips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment