Copyright

You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Steamed halibut with ginger, soy sauce and scallions

This is a recipe I got from a guy we met while shopping for fish at Ranch 99. He even took us to the aisle where the right soy sauce was. I already had regular Kikkoman, but he insisted we should try the one specially meant for steamed fish.



       VS
 I added jalapenos to his recipe . You can bake or steam it.. I like it both ways.

Before 

After
  1. Take steaks of white fish (I used halibut for this one), clean and pat dry with paper towels.
  2. Add soy sauce, ginger, diced jalapeno to the fish and wrap it in aluminium foil . Bake at 350 F for 40 mins or steam, until the fish turns flaky. (You can add wine too)
  3. Add scallions and/or cilantro generously. 
You might also like this Malaysian recipe of Red Snapper grilled in Banana Leaf

I tried this recipe with whole carp. I shallow fried the fish and sauteed the onions first.

No comments:

Post a Comment