Copyright

You will copy with risks to penalties and criminal procedures.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Chicken stew

I add spinach leaves, celery, mushrooms, or lentils at times. There is no fixed recipe for my stew.
But I like using diced potatoes, tomatoes, carrots, zucchini, french beans. A slow roasted version is available here.

Sometimes, I make old-style beef stew when it is cold.

Ingredients:
Olive oil
Meat pieces for stew (chicken. lamb, goat/mutton or beef)
Salt
Cracked pepper
Coriander seeds
Bay leaves
Cinnamon
Cloves
Onions
Crushed garlic
Grated Ginger
Green chilies or jalapenos
---
Diced potatoes
Carrots
Celery
Tomatoes
Sprigs of rosemary and thyme

I add the ingredients in a pressure cooker in that order. Add warm water after a while and I pressure cook them to doneness.  A good stew retains the individual taste of its ingredients in the broth;  I have found that the key to achieve that is to cook the meat and vegetables in separate steps during the cooking process.

No comments:

Post a Comment